MORTISE LOCKSETS: BENEFITS & FEATURES
NANZ is now offering an AIA continuing education course on Mortise Lockset specification. Considering door hardware early in the design process enhances the aesthetics and functionality of a space. Mortise locksets balance durability, security, and ease of use while simultaneously enhancing the design. This course examines standard lockset types as well as those for fire-rated, motorized, and security doors; and offers guidance on specification. Case studies demonstrate an array of lockset types for relevant applications.
- Compare the features and benefits of various types of mortise locksets in terms of aesthetics, durability, security, and occupant safety.
- Define mortise lockset types available for standard, fire-rated, motorized, security and concealed applications.
- Discuss how to specify various locksets of the correct size and function to safely support and allow proper operation of standard, concealed, motorized, and security doors.
- Describe trends and innovations in door hardware including magnet locksets, electrified locksets and strikes, and specialized high security bolts and locks.
- Describe the origins of mortise locksets and discuss how they have evolved over time.
- Please contact your Nanz Sales and Design Consultant or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule or receive more information.
The program qualifies for 1.0 LU | HSW credit.